the past couple weeks we've been working on bringing the house back to the way it was meant to be...
we've been removing aluminum siding:
...revealing some wood siding in really good condition (albeit with probable lead paint):
and also a few boards that will need to be replaced:
and we also took off the metal window awnings:
this weekend we went to a home & remodel show to pick up info on windows, flooring and plumbing fixtures. we're still waiting on pricing from framers, and we need to get a structural engineer to look at the piers & foundation at the existing one-story addition to see if it's even possible for us to do the vertical expansion. but the roofers are starting at the end of this week!